Traveling is a very popular habit for most of us. While traveling we are focusing on having fun and relaxing. Very often forget to take care of our skin.
Each trip is a stress for our skin. Especially if you travel by plane. The air in plains is dehydrated and recirculated. It changes to moist immediately upon landing. And that’s not all. Your skin can’t adapt to a new climate without enough care. It’s ended up with different skin problems. Good memories of your trip can be completely ruined.
That’s why it’s very important to take care of your skin while traveling. There are the main tips which will provide you information about how to avoid skin problems.
Stay hydrated is one of the most important things we need to remember while traveling. We tend to think that going to a restroom or even finding one might be hard while traveling. As a result, we drink less water. Dehydration can be the reason for skin problems. To prevent this, try the following tips:
- Plan your hydration routine. Drink two glasses of water 2 hours before starting your travel. So that you can go to the bathroom and clear your bladder before your trip.
- Whenever you reach your destination, try to drink at least one liter (34 oz.) of water to make up for the time you stopped having water.
- Carry a water bottle with you. While traveling, you might forget about the hydration, that’s why having a water bottle will remind you to drink.
Remember how important is hydration. The right hydration will help you to flush out toxins from your body and will improve your skin health.
Cleanse! Cleanse! Cleanse!
While traveling, you tend to be more outdoor than indoor. As a result, your face will be more exposed to dust bits and clog your pores. Add makeup on the top, and you can imagine how it could be if you will not clean your face properly.
Do not forget to clean your face before you go to bed. Washing your face using water is not enough. Firstly, you need to clean your makeup. I usually use wipes, but any makeup remover will work. After this, use a cleanser for deeper cleaning. I picked a few of the most popular on Amazon.
- Gentle Foaming Face Cleanser formula created to address the special needs of sensitive skin types
- Formula, with glycerin, gently cleanses away dirt and impurities without causing irritation
- The rich, foamy lather leaves your skin feeling fresh and looking clear
- 100% fragrance-free formula that's suitable for sensitive skin types
- Dermatologist-tested, oil-free and soap-free
After cleansing applies a night cream on your face according to the type of your skin. One time per week try to use a mask and a peel.
Save Your Storage Space
Before each trip, I buy all that I need for my skin in mini bottles. There are many options in specialized shops and pharmacies. You can buy even deluxe samples for your trip. Also, it will help you to save storage space in your luggage.
Your Skin and the Weather
It is necessary to check the weather forecast and humidity at your destination. If you are going to a sunny place to buy a sunscreen is necessary. Each of us should remember that a long stay in the sun could be dangerous and we need to use sunscreen for skin cancer prevention.
If you are traveling to a cold place, you need to get a heavy moisturizer to avoid your skin being dry.
- [ HYALURONIC ACID MOISTURIZER ] With hyaluronic acid, ceramides and MVE technology for 24 hour hydration. Rich, velvety texture that leaves skin feeling smooth, it is absorbed quickly for softened skin without greasy, sticky, feel.
- [ ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier.
- [ DRY SKIN RELIEF ] A deficiency of ceramides in skin can often be associated with dry skin, which can feel itchy and look flaky. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream was shown to increase the skin's level of ceramides after 4 weeks.
- [ DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more.
- [ GENTLE DAILY MOISTURIZER ] For face and body or can be used as a hand cream for dry skin relief. Holds National Eczema Association (NEA) Seal of Acceptance. Fragrance free, paraben free, allergy-tested, and non-comedogenic.
- CETAPHIL BODY MOISTURIZING LOTION: Fast absorbing and non-greasy, lightweight body lotion provides instant and long lasting hydration for all skin types
- INSTANT AND LONG LASTING 24 HOUR HYDRATION: Binds water to the skin, preventing moisture loss to hydrate and protect skin from dryness
- IDEAL FOR USE ON THE ENTIRE BODY: Non-greasy, paraben free formula with no added fragrance absorbs quickly and is excellent for hands, feet, elbows and knees
- COMPLETELY RESTORES THE SKIN BARRIER IN 1 WEEK: This unique formula is enriched with 6 moisturizers and skin essential vitamin E and provitamin B5 to provide continuous hydration
- DESIGNED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: All Cetaphil products are effective yet non-irritating
- [ DAILY MOISTURIZING LOTION ] Smooth, light-weight texture that is absorbed quickly, leaving skin feeling smooth and hydrated, never greasy
- [ LONG-LASTING HYDRATION ] Contains Hyaluronic Acid to help retain skins natural moisture and MVE technology to provide 24 hour hydration
- [ ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- [ DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more
- [ GENTLE ON SKIN ] Holds National Eczema Association (NEA) Seal of Acceptance. Fragrance free, allergy-tested, non-comedogenic, and suitable for use as a body lotion, face moisturizing lotion, and/or hand lotion
- Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer is formulated with dermatologist-recommended ingredients including ceramide-3, niacinamide, glycerin and La Roche-Posay Prebiotic Thermal Water.
- Double action helps repair skin’s natural protective barrier after 1-hour and provide up to 48-hour hydration. Produces a unique prebiotic action on the skin microbiome and restores healthy-looking skin.
- Its lightweight cream texture easily absorbs into the skin to provide immediate comfort.
- Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive. Fragrance free, paraben free, oil free, alcohol free, non comedogenic
- Ceramide-3: Ceramides are lipids naturally found in skin. They play an essential role to help retain moisture and maintain a healthy skin barrier. Ceramide 3, also known as Ceramide NP, is a skin-identical lipid used in our formulas to help support the...
- 1.7-fluid ounce jar of Neutrogena Hydro Boost hydrating water-gel face moisturizer with hyaluronic acid to hydrate dry skin
- Gel moisturizer formula provides hydration to skin, leaving it looking smooth and supple day after day
- Hyaluronic acid, a hydrator found naturally in the skin, attracts moisture and locks it in. 100% alcohol free
- Daily face moisturizer features a non-comedogenic formula that is oil-free, and is from a dermatologist-recommended brand
- Unique face moisturizer absorbs quickly like a gel, so you can wear it under makeup, but provides long-last and intense moisturizing power of a cream
- Instantly quenches skin
- Clinically proven to keep skin hydrated for 48 hours
- Oil-Free, Dye-free, Non-Comedogenic
- Suitable for all skin types
Check out more tips from this YouTube video.