Traveling is a very popular habit for most of us. While traveling we are focusing on having fun and relaxing. Very often forget to take care of our skin.
Each trip is a stress for our skin. Especially if you travel by plane. The air in plains is dehydrated and recirculated. It changes to moist immediately upon landing. And that’s not all. Your skin can’t adapt to a new climate without enough care. It’s ended up with different skin problems. Good memories of your trip can be completely ruined.
That’s why it’s very important to take care of your skin while traveling. There are the main tips which will provide you information about how to avoid skin problems.
Stay hydrated is one of the most important things we need to remember while traveling. We tend to think that going to a restroom or even finding one might be hard while traveling. As a result, we drink less water. Dehydration can be the reason for skin problems. To prevent this, try the following tips:
- Plan your hydration routine. Drink two glasses of water 2 hours before starting your travel. So that you can go to the bathroom and clear your bladder before your trip.
- Whenever you reach your destination, try to drink at least one liter (34 oz.) of water to make up for the time you stopped having water.
- Carry a water bottle with you. While traveling, you might forget about the hydration, that’s why having a water bottle will remind you to drink.
Remember how important is hydration. The right hydration will help you to flush out toxins from your body and will improve your skin health.
Cleanse! Cleanse! Cleanse!
While traveling, you tend to be more outdoor than indoor. As a result, your face will be more exposed to dust bits and clog your pores. Add makeup on the top, and you can imagine how it could be if you will not clean your face properly.
Do not forget to clean your face before you go to bed. Washing your face using water is not enough. Firstly, you need to clean your makeup. I usually use wipes, but any makeup remover will work. After this, use a cleanser for deeper cleaning. I picked a few of the most popular on Amazon.
- DEEP CLEANSING AND DETOXIFYING: A charcoal face mask that is a luxurious home skin treatment. The charcoal actively extracts impurities and absorbs excess oils while the kaolin clay deeply cleanses and detoxifies the skin to reveal smooth and radiant...
- NATURAL RADIANCE INSIDE AND OUT: A truly multi-tasking purifying pore shrink kaolin clay mask with Black Cohosh, a powerful anti-inflammatory, to soothe blemishes and Licorice Extract assists with hyper-pigmentation in problem skin. Glowing facial care.
- LUXURIOUS FACIAL SKIN TREATMENT: Regenerate new and youthful skin cells with your charcoal mask for face to help diminish fine lines and detoxify your skin. A detox beauty mask is an excellent treatment for anti-aging, uneven skin tone and problem skin.
- POWERFUL SKIN BALANCING: Skin will feel super purified, clean and refreshed with a smooth and moisturized finish from this clay and charcoal face mask. The best go-to solution for blackheads, acne or oily skin without the harsh effects of peel-off masks.
- KIND, SAFE & RESPONSIBLE SKINCARE: DOLL FACE is an active INDIE beauty brand that is free from toxins for your skin and the planet. Clean products for women and never tested on animals. A "Little Black Mask" as essential as the "Little Black Dress". Made...
- [MICROBIOME MINDED SKINCARE] Reset Mask is power packed with prebiotics and probiotics cultivating your skin's natural ecosystem to balance and rejuvenate
- [DETOX, PURIFY, RENEW + GLOW] Bentonite clay and turmeric exfoliate and nourish skin in this natural resurfacing mask that extracts deep impurities, evens, and tones for healthy, smooth, glowing face and skin
- [NOURISH, HYDRATE + PROTECT] More than mud, our trio of Safflower Oil, Glycerin, and Squalane transform your skin from looking dull and tired to hydrated and luminous
- [HOW TO MASK] 1-3x a week: apply to clean, wet skin, massaging onto face avoiding eyes and lips. Allow 10 minutes to dry and rinse with warm water. Follow with Essential Hydration
- [CONSCIOUS, INCLUSIVE + SUSTAINABLE BEAUTY] Free from parabens, silicones, phthalates, and sulfates using scientifically backed clean ingredients. For women and men of all ages and skin types. Made using less with minimal environmental impact and...
After cleansing applies a night cream on your face according to the type of your skin. One time per week try to use a mask and a peel.
Save Your Storage Space
Before each trip, I buy all that I need for my skin in mini bottles. There are many options in specialized shops and pharmacies. You can buy even deluxe samples for your trip. Also, it will help you to save storage space in your luggage.
Your Skin and the Weather
It is necessary to check the weather forecast and humidity at your destination. If you are going to a sunny place to buy a sunscreen is necessary. Each of us should remember that a long stay in the sun could be dangerous and we need to use sunscreen for skin cancer prevention.
If you are traveling to a cold place, you need to get a heavy moisturizer to avoid your skin being dry.
- It quickly penetrates into the skin for a non-greasy feeling
- Gently cleanses and exfoliates all skin types
- Provide rich miniaturization, and naturally soothe and hydrate the skin
- Cleanse, Hydrate & Prime: This 3-piece kit includes three of our Hello Fab favorites for perfectly prepped skin: trial-sizes of Coconut Micellar Makeup Melter and Coconut Water Cream, and a full-size Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer
- Remove Even Stubborn Makeup: Our Micellar Makeup Melter is ophthalmology-tested to be gentle yet effective, with a soft gel texture that melts away even long-wear makeup
- Suitable for All Skin Types: Whether your skin is oily, combination, normal or dry, this skin care kit balances nourishing, cleansing and hydrating ingredients like Coconut Water, Coconut Oil, Goji Berry and Sodium Hyaluronate
- Free From: Alcohol, artificial colorants, artificial fragrance, lanolin, mineral oil, parabens, petrolatum, phthalates, propylene glycol, sulfates, talc, formaldehydes, oxybenzone, coal tar, triclocarban, ethanol, ethyl alcohol, denatured alcohol
- Dermatologist Tested: Our vegan & cruelty-free skincare regimen is also gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free and safe for sensitive skin
- Country Of Origin: United States
- Item Package Dimension: 2.4" L x 1.5" W x 5.74" H
- Item Package Weight: 0.23 lb
- Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Polyacrylamide, Panthenol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Citric Acid, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Dimethiconol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxypropyl Guar...
Check out more tips from this YouTube video.