There’s nothing worse than needing to go someplace and having swollen feet. Such inconveniences can ruin your plans for even simple events like an evening stroll with your friends or family. But if you take precautions, and wear comfortable, extra-wide shoes, you’ll significantly reduce the risk.
Why You Need Extra Wide Shoes
The reason for swollen feet is an accumulation of fluids, mostly due to extra pressure. Usually, it happens if you have wide feet or health problems, and sometimes the reason is a physical overload or pregnancy. Fortunately, this condition of swollen feet can be overcome by wearing proper shoes.
From the naked eye, extra-wide shoes look like regular shoes, but as soon as you wear them, you’ll feel the difference. They’re a lot more comfortable, and they’re constructed to reduce pressure on your feet.
Things Not to Do
Before you buy extra wide shoes, pay attention to the following:
- Buy properly fitting shoes right at the outset. Don’t predict their elasticity as some shoes are made of materials that simply refuse to stretch, and if you buy them with this expectation, you could be disappointed.
- Choosing shoes that are even just a little bit narrow is a bad idea too. Always keep size and width in mind.
- Don’t compare the price points for regular and extra wide shoes. Extra-wide shoes cost more because of high-quality materials and unique design. You pay for their comfort.
Finding Extra Wide Women’s Shoes for Swollen Feet
You’ll have to be persistent about finding shoes that fit well. When you find one that you love, don’t forget to record the model number and dimensions.
The choice for wide footwear is limited. It makes searching difficult so we did research and found the best ones.
- 5 inch shaft height
- Nylex lining for year round wear
- Double insoles - with the Propet EV (Extra Volume) insole system, customized fit and comfort is easy
- Features a footbed that can be removed to accommodate custom orthotics
- Adjustable hook and loop strap closure
- Dual Density Memory Foam Adjustable Strap Slipper Bootie for Women
- Extra wide fit casual slip on and off house slippers with warm and cozy fleece lining featuring adjustable velcro fastening closures and wide toe box suitable for diabetic, arthritis, injured, swelling and sore tired aching feet.
- Comfortable customized fit memory foam cushioned house shoe to provide therapeutic foot pain relief for dependable relaxed walking support. Designed with traction anti-slip hard rubber sole for indoor wear at home or outdoor use.
- From our new SoleUtion comfort slipper collection by Gold Toe, this woman's slipon orthopedic slipper shoe with closed toe for flat swollen feet is available in basic classic black, soft pink and navy blue.
- The SoleUtion by Gold Toe Gayle slip in plush lined wrap slippers for ladies is available in whole sizes only. If you are a half size, please size up. For example, if you normally wear a womens shoe size US 8.5, please order these loafer...
- Perforated fabric shoe featuring stretchy asymmetric Mary Jane strap with hook-and-loop closure
- Removable footbed
- Lightweight flexible outsole
- The assured support, comfort, and response of the GEL-Venture® 7 running shoe will give you the edge you want on every run!
- Predecessor: GEL-Venture 6.
- Support Type: Neutral to underpronation (supination).
- Cushioning: Lightweight, flexible response.
- Surface: Trail. Differential: Not provided. Durable mesh and synthetic upper materials. Plush tongue and collar. Breathable fabric lining offers a great in-shoe feel. Removable foam insole for added underfoot support and comfort. Rearfoot GEL® cushioning...
- GUARANTEED COMFORT! Test our shoes for up to 60 DAYS and see for yourself why Orthofeet is regarded by millions as the WORLD'S MOST COMFORTABLE and stylish orthopedic shoes. Try RISK FREE: Walk COMFORTABLY and PAIN FREE or Your MONEY BACK. 60-day wear...
- PLANTAR FASCIITIS? HEEL PAIN? FOOT PAIN? NEUROPATHY? Orthofeet orthotic shoes offer the BEST ORTHOPEDIC SHOE solution. Lightweight SOLE with ERGONOMIC design and SUPERIOR CUSHIONING along with premium ORTHOTIC INSOLES that feature ANATOMICAL ARCH SUPPORT...
- EXTENDED WIDTHS - These SUPER COMFORTABLE women’s casual shoes with soft, non-binding uppers are available in Medium, Wide and Extra Wide widths, offering a PERFECT FIT. The UNIQUE THERAPEUTIC DESIGN helps alleviate stress on the joints, enhances...
- SENSITIVE FEET? DIABETES? ARTHRITIS? NEUROPATHY? Soft uppers with smooth interior lining and extra foam padding provide SUPERIOR COMFORT and protection for sensitive feet and an ideal footwear solution as women’s diabetic shoes, women’s arthritis...
- BUNIONS? HAMMERTOES? A wide & roomy TOE BOX offers a comfortable, non-binding fit for the front part of the foot and toes, and eases pressure on bunions, hammertoes Morton’s Neuroma & swollen feet. ORTHOTIC FRIENDLY: Extra depth design with removable...
- A comfort sandal that you can wear confidently all day long.
- Open-toe walking shoe features a full grain leather or nubuck upper.
- Dual hook-and-loop straps for an adjustable fit.
- Removable cushioned footbed.
- Leather lining. Closed heel. Durable polyurethane outsole offers traction for a sure step. Logo on strap closest to ankle. Imported. Measurements: Weight: 9 oz Product measurements were taken using size 6.5, width XX (4E). Please note that...
- 【EASY TO PUT ON & OFF】- Straps at the top and the back heel are highly adjustable thanks to velcro closures, the range of adjustment is ideal for changes in the degree of swelling. The diabetic velcro slipper has merit for anyone suffering with...
- 【COMFY & SKID RESISTANT】- The soles are good for walking. Gripping rubber sturdy soles provide safety and security for any situation. These extra wide slippers are excellent if you are having your legs wrapped. You can also wear these soft and...
- 【NON-BINDING,EXTRA DEPTH DESIGN】- Soft, non-binding upper with extra depth design and wide toe box eliminates pressure on bunions and hammer toes. Soft, seam-free interior lining, padded with foam, eliminates pressure points and offers superior...
- 【TARGET USER & OCCASION】- Diabetic Patients, Pregnant, Doctors, Soldiers, Nurses, Teachers, Adults, Home, Office, Airplane, Hospital, Indoor and Outdoor, these comfortable shoes will bring some help to swollen feet, flatfoot, Talipes Valgus, Hallux...
- 【SIZING & CARING TIP】- These adjustable slippers for swollen come in 8 sizes (size 5, 6, 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 10) could fit all standard, slim, wide or extra wide feet. Some customers reflected that the shoes are smaller than expected, so we strongly...
- Lightweight ; 1 1/4 inch built in heel.
- Breathable open-toe design with moisture-wicking lining keeps your feet cool on hot summer days in the house
- Dual adjustable straps with hook-and-loop closure allows for a customized fit, making them ideal for swollen, wide width, or high instep feet
- Memory foam insole contours to your feet to relieve foot stress, with two layers of support foams and and shock-absorbing EVA for extra cushioning; contains minor arch support
- Can be worn as house slippers or regular outdoor shoes. The sturdy rubber sole lets you step noiselessly in the bedroom, and confidently outdoors with anti-skid traction. Don't worry about getting them dirty, because the material is 100% machine washable...
- The ideal slipper or thoughtful gift for people suffering from foot edema, diabetes, neuropathy, bunions, corns, hammer toes, or other podiatry problems; as well as those who have trouble putting on regular shoes which may hurt sensitive skin or painful...