A common tendency amongst most people who travel for a long period is to pack a lot with the misguided belief that it’ll make the trip easier. This isn’t always the case. Putting more thought into what you’ll actually wear and packing less will make your trip easier.
More often than not, it’s the suitcase or bag that you carry that makes the biggest difference in your comfort.
It really doesn’t matter where you’re traveling. Be it the great wall of China to the highest alps in Europe, or the busy streets of Mumbai to the serenity of Quebec’s beautiful nature.
If you’re traveling a long distance, then you need the right equipment to make your life easier. And one of those necessities is the right suitcase for you. The below suggestions are features you should consider.
1. Plenty of Storage Space
For those who travel a lot, you need as much space as possible to house your clothes, electronics, and perhaps a souvenir or two. Storage space comes in a few different categories. The first is the overall storage space. This is the largest pocket that you can open in the suitcase.
It should be deep and rather large in terms of its length and width. In this pocket, you should be able to fit your business clothes, recreational clothes, pajamas, and perhaps a pair of extra shoes.
Yet the best suitcase for long-term traveling should also have additional pockets to store smaller items. Your ties can go in one pocket while your toiletries in another. You can even place your socks or souvenirs in another pocket.
In short, the storage for the best suitcase should have enough room to store your clothes as well as provide additional pockets to help keep you organized.
Another aspect is its ability to roll. Since you’re going to be packing your suitcase to the brim, it’s going to be heavy. While you may not be lugging the suitcase around that much, it’s still going to take its toll on you over time.
That’s why a suitcase that has wheels on the bottom can really make a huge difference. There’s considerably less lifting. Instead, you simply pull the suitcase behind you.
For those dreaded periods where you have to travel from one side of the airport to the other, or across a cruise ship, or even from your car to a camper trailer, having a rolling suitcase is a great benefit.
One feature that not many travelers consider is waterproof suitcases. They don’t typically think that their suitcase is going to be exposed to water over a long period. However, if you travel enough, you’re going to find that your suitcase is going to go through the wringer.
Sometimes, suitcases are left outside while the plane is being boarded. If it’s raining, then your suitcase could be getting drenched. All of the contents within the suitcase could also be ruined. For business executives, the last thing they need is to have their suits soaked and wrinkled for a meeting in ten minutes.
Even traveling outside with your suitcase to a nearby hotel or camping facility could mean exposure to rain. To help preserve your suitcase and the contents within it, you might want to look for a suitcase that offers waterproof properties.
You’ll be able to remain relaxed when an unexpected downpour occurs, and your suitcase is outside.
If you like to bring along snacks inside of your suitcase, then making sure it’s insulated or has an insulated pocket is also a great decision. Sometimes you have items that require a cool environment.
A regular suitcase without an insulated pocket won’t be able to protect that item. However, one that does have an insulated pocket can be filled with ice or have an ice pack slipped into it. The insulation will keep the pocket cool, so your item will remain protected.
Traveling The Right Way
The next time you’re headed on a long-term journey, make sure you have the right suitcase for the job. It should possess these key features above and perhaps one or two bonus features besides. In short, the suitcase should make your traveling easier.
We’ve listed several that meet these criteria below. Where ever you’re going, make your trip memorable!
Best Suitcases for Long Term Travel
- PACKING CAPACITY: The large cube can comfortably pack 10 men’s dress shirts and four pairs of slacks. This translates to about 25 tshirts. This is the perfect solution for traveling business people that want to pack “carry-on only”.
- IDEAL USE: Use the Large Packing Cube to pack large items like business shirts, pants, sweaters and jackets. Easily transport these items from place to place with the handle.
- STORAGE SOLUTION FOR THE HOME: Clothes packed away in a dark closet become victims to dust. Protect clothing by packing it away into the cube. Especially for clothes that are only worn seasonally, this is the perfect solution to protect clothes from dust...
- LONG TERM SOLUTION: The strong yet flexible cordura backing combined with a vinyl cover will make this packing cube a long term solution for your travel and storage needs. DIMENSIONS: 16 inches L x 10.3 inches W x 4 inches H /// Weight: 7 ounces
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - Our mission is to offer the best products for easy and efficient travel organization. All EzPacking items come with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee & Lifetime Replacement Warranty