A common tendency amongst most people who travel for a long period is to pack a lot with the misguided belief that it’ll make the trip easier. This isn’t always the case. Putting more thought into what you’ll actually wear and packing less will make your trip easier.
More often than not, it’s the suitcase or bag that you carry that makes the biggest difference in your comfort.
It really doesn’t matter where you’re traveling. Be it the great wall of China to the highest alps in Europe, or the busy streets of Mumbai to the serenity of Quebec’s beautiful nature.
If you’re traveling a long distance, then you need the right equipment to make your life easier. And one of those necessities is the right suitcase for you. The below suggestions are features you should consider.
1. Plenty of Storage Space
For those who travel a lot, you need as much space as possible to house your clothes, electronics, and perhaps a souvenir or two. Storage space comes in a few different categories. The first is the overall storage space. This is the largest pocket that you can open in the suitcase.
It should be deep and rather large in terms of its length and width. In this pocket, you should be able to fit your business clothes, recreational clothes, pajamas, and perhaps a pair of extra shoes.
Yet the best suitcase for long-term traveling should also have additional pockets to store smaller items. Your ties can go in one pocket while your toiletries in another. You can even place your socks or souvenirs in another pocket.
In short, the storage for the best suitcase should have enough room to store your clothes as well as provide additional pockets to help keep you organized.
Another aspect is its ability to roll. Since you’re going to be packing your suitcase to the brim, it’s going to be heavy. While you may not be lugging the suitcase around that much, it’s still going to take its toll on you over time.
That’s why a suitcase that has wheels on the bottom can really make a huge difference. There’s considerably less lifting. Instead, you simply pull the suitcase behind you.
For those dreaded periods where you have to travel from one side of the airport to the other, or across a cruise ship, or even from your car to a camper trailer, having a rolling suitcase is a great benefit.
One feature that not many travelers consider is waterproof suitcases. They don’t typically think that their suitcase is going to be exposed to water over a long period. However, if you travel enough, you’re going to find that your suitcase is going to go through the wringer.
Sometimes, suitcases are left outside while the plane is being boarded. If it’s raining, then your suitcase could be getting drenched. All of the contents within the suitcase could also be ruined. For business executives, the last thing they need is to have their suits soaked and wrinkled for a meeting in ten minutes.
Even traveling outside with your suitcase to a nearby hotel or camping facility could mean exposure to rain. To help preserve your suitcase and the contents within it, you might want to look for a suitcase that offers waterproof properties.
You’ll be able to remain relaxed when an unexpected downpour occurs, and your suitcase is outside.
If you like to bring along snacks inside of your suitcase, then making sure it’s insulated or has an insulated pocket is also a great decision. Sometimes you have items that require a cool environment.
A regular suitcase without an insulated pocket won’t be able to protect that item. However, one that does have an insulated pocket can be filled with ice or have an ice pack slipped into it. The insulation will keep the pocket cool, so your item will remain protected.
Traveling The Right Way
The next time you’re headed on a long-term journey, make sure you have the right suitcase for the job. It should possess these key features above and perhaps one or two bonus features besides. In short, the suitcase should make your traveling easier.
We’ve listed several that meet these criteria below. Where ever you’re going, make your trip memorable!
Best Suitcases for Long Term Travel
- SMALL CARRY ON LUGGAGE WITH WHEELS: Small carry on luggage with wheels have 2 smooth wheels hidden handles on the bottom of the duffle bag. It is more convenient and portable to carry heavy luggage.High quality telescopic lever handle.(max length 17.3...
- 22 INCH ROLLING DUFFLE BAG WITH WHEELS: Size-21.8x10.2x14.2 inch (55.5x26.5x36 CM) with 45 Liters capacity; Open the bottom of the bag and release the height of 8cm, which expands the capacity to 55L. Weight: 4.6 lb.
- FOLDABLE DESIGN: Tote bag on wheels convenient to carry and keep, you can flatten it out the height only 8CM and pack it into your suitcase whenever you are not using it.Lightweight construction to make your travel less cumbersome.
- WATER RESISTANT MATERIAL: This small soft luggage bag high quality water resistant polyester and high-grade nylon, wear-resistant and anti-wrinkle make this wheels luggage last longer. Protect your items in good condition even in the rain.The side of the...
- SUITABLE FOR TRAVEL: Small travel duffle bag with wheels suitable for overnight, weekend, camping, airplane or car travel; this rolling duffle bag is suitable for the top luggage compartment of most flights.
- LIFETIME REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE If your Talonport weighing scale for luggage stops working, we’ll send you a free replacement. Just contact us. Feel first class every time you travel.
- ALWAYS TRAVEL IN CONFIDENCE With this portable luggage scale, you’ll never pay ridiculous baggage airline fees or have the hassle of repackaging everything on the airport floor.
- SHAKE UP AND DOWN TO ACTIVATE - Not just side to side. No fumbling with rare batteries. Other luggage scales require lithium batteries that die when not used. Your Talonport suitcase scale doesn’t need any - simply give it a quick shake, press a button...
- SIMPLE ONE BUTTON DESIGN WITH DUAL MEASUREMENT This luggage weigher measures up to 110 lb or 50 kg so you’re set for any country. Your measured weight stays put for easy reading and one press to tare.
- LIGHTWEIGHT RUGGED CONSTRUCTION - Unlike a traditional battery free bag weight scale, this portable hanging scale scale is digital so it's slim, light weight and is easy to travel with.