For serious motorcyclists, having luggage on your motorcycle can sometimes be difficult. If it’s not the shape, then it’s the size or material that’s wrong. When you want the best soft luggage for your motorcycle trips, make sure it has some of these key features.
1. Body Straps
To ensure that your soft luggage remains tightly snug to your body or motorcycle, then it needs straps. This allows you to wrap the luggage around your back or the back of the motorcycle.
Because there’s a lot of vibration that travels through the motorcycle, not to mention all of the potholes, you’ll want to make sure that the luggage is securely strapped to the motorcycle. Otherwise, it can slide off and into the road.
That’s why having soft luggage that allows you to strap it your back is the best bet. The luggage won’t be able to slide off if it’s attached to you.
Another important aspect to consider is whether or not the soft luggage is waterproof. Riding a motorcycle means you’re exposed to all of the weather elements. If you’re traveling with a pack, then they might not want to stop riding just because you’re worried about your luggage getting wet.
Instead, you should invest in soft luggage that contains waterproof material. Your items will be held safe inside and won’t be drenched with rain no matter how hard it’s falling.
3. Pockets and Pouches
How often have you been riding your motorcycle and needed to reach into your luggage for an item? Were you successful in finding it? If you have soft luggage that only contains a single pocket where you store everything, then that piece isn’t doing all that it can for you.
The best soft luggage for motorcycles features an ability to be used off the bike and on it. You can pack your clothes and toiletries inside the main storage pocket. However, you should also have pockets and pouches that exist along the surface of the luggage for easy access to items that you need on the road.
Perhaps you want to store a pair of gloves, sunglasses, or even a hat inside of the pouch. Whenever you need that item, you simply have to reach into the pocket or pouch and easily remove it.
4. Insulated Pocket
One of those pockets should also be insulated. It’s not easy to snack or drink when riding a motorcycle. Besides easy access to the items that you need when you’re hungry or thirsty, those items should also be kept chilled.
Your soft luggage is going to have direct access to sunlight. Since most soft luggage is darker in color, it’s going to become hot fast. An insulated pocket is necessary to keep food and water chilled.
You can easily slip some ice or an ice pack inside of the pouch which can keep your snacks and water nice and chilled. While your friends drink lukewarm bottles of water, you can find refreshments with a chilled water bottle thanks to your insulated pocket.
Finally, you’re going to want soft luggage that’s made of durable materials. Nylon is a great material that can often be waterproof and durable. After a lot of exposure to the sun, rain, and other harsh elements, your soft luggage needs to stand up to the task.
Dirt, small rocks, and other debris are going to continuously be pelted at it. If your soft luggage isn’t durable, then you’re going to go through a lot of them. Ensure that the best soft luggage you procure is as durable as your motorcycle.
Best Soft Luggage for Motorcycles
- Capacity: 50L (25L*2),Waterproof level IPX6: available under heavy rain, suitable for motorcycle,(Some motorcycle type seats with small thickness need side frame to fit，Please think carefully to buy）， horse riding and other outdoor activities.
- Multi-adjustment design: the distance between the two packages can be adjusted to adapt to different length, the maximum distance can be transferred to 80CM; the two bags can be separated to use individually.
- Tight compaction design: with belt around the bag, package compaction can be adjusted after the package tied
- Adjusted foam Velcro piece design: two foam Velcro piece design to help consolidate two bags firmly and the adjustable length around 27cm~50cm. Frication avoiding design: Frication between the bag body and motorcycle rear seat is avoided via non-slip foam piece.
- High-strength design: 0.7mm thick cold-resistant materials, strong joint sewing and zinc alloy buckle which stands the tension strength 150KG above.
All aspects reflector design: large reflector design enhances the vision at night.
Rolling closure design.
- The trunk （measurements: 22.3" L x 17.3" H X 12.6" W）is extremely spacious and will hold two full-size helmets. Saddlebags Color: Black / White / Silver / Black&Gray.
- Our trunk has 48L large capacity space and comes with a soft backrest. Comes with mounting hardware as shown in the picture. And it is lockable with 2 keys.
- Easy to install: It comes with all the mounting hardware kits. Includes a luggage rack to fixed the trunk.
- This size of Top Case is recommended for Motorcycles. (Note: These screws should not be tightened too tightly. They're locknuts. If it's too tight, the base will be damaged due to the external force.)
- Box Comes With All Hardware To Mount Into A Luggage Rack. It is very convenient with handle to take it out or anywhere you want to go.
- 100% waterproof motorcycle saddlebags, all seams are electronically heat welded
- All saddlebag mounting hardware is aircraft grade aluminum. NO breakable plastic buckles
- Each saddlebags securely mounts to your motorcycle using 4 quick release cam buckles and double pull straps
- Includes 2 lightweight saddlebag liners to easily remove and pack contents
- Perfect purchase for a gift
- Great craftmanship
- A must buy item
- MADE IN USA
- Universal fit constructed from industrial grade ballistic urethane-coated nylon. Water-resistant, tear-resistant, highly durable
- Adjustable bungee mount system with hideaway zipper compartment to store bungee cords when not in use. Non-abrasive rubberized material covers entire bottom to prevent scratching
- Constructed without internal stiffeners to assist folding into hideaway stash sack zipper pocket located on back allowing for ease of transport when not in use
- Main compartment is large enough to fit most Small - Large Full Face Helmets. Dimensions: 12"L x 12"W x 8"H; 18.9 Liters
- Made from top quality UV treated and water resistant 1680D Tri-Max Ballistic nylon with reflective piping and accent for nighttime visibility, the RG-020 Dual Sport Motorcycle Saddlebags are perfect for most Adventure, Dual-Sport, and Enduro motorcycles
- Features an expandable main compartment for extra storage, a tool pouch/pocket under main compartment with external access, with reverse coil zippers to help keep out dust and dirt, and rubber coated oversized zip pullers for easy operation with gloves
- Securely mounts with heavy duty Self-Fastening straps and quick release buckles with an anti-slip/scratch protective panel to keep your paint/plastics looking great
- Product Dimensions: 14.5"L x 9"W x 6"D/Expanded: 14.5"L x 9"W x 8"D
- Holds 12 liters per side/15 liters Expanded per side
- Dimensions: 20.8"L x 7">11"W x 12.5"H
- Volume: 40 Liters
- Weight Lbs: 5.97
- Color: Black / Reflective Accents
- Wide Suitability - This Tour Pack Organizer Fits for Touring Models Street Glide Electra Glide Road Glide Road King Touring Models
- Large Capacity for Trips - Great choice for a long trips. This Travel-Paks Soft Liner is big enough to store some regular stuff, such as clothing, gloves, wallet, earphone, power bank, raincoat, jacket.
- Extra Pocket - The internal zipper pocket keeps your small stuff organized and easy to found.
- Durable Material- Made of High density oxford fabric,used for a long time.
- If you have any problem with the bag, please feel free to contact us.
- Heavy duty duck cotton reinforced with vinyl backing
- Two large pockets with double-strapped flap covers
- Reinforced at all stress points
- Capacity of 1, 056 cubic-Inch
- Quality canvas and hardware
- 100% WATERPROOF motorcycle saddlebags (2pcs) with high-frequency welded seams.
- ROLL TOP design with AIR VALVE keeps luggage DRY and COMPACT.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION, waterproof PVC tarpaulin with neoprene SHIELD.
- 4 COMPRESSION STRAPS per 24L bag, one each on the top and bottom and one on each side.
- EASY MOUNTING to most any DUAL-SPORT and ADVENTURE bikes and ANY BIKE WITH TUBULAR FRAMES with two nylon straps / bag. BONUS SCRAMBLER STRAPS for SINGLE BAG MOUNTING on bikes with high exhaust on one side.