Do you need to travel somewhere for a single week? A one-week visit can be difficult to pack for since it’s longer than a few days, but it isn’t exceptionally long. To help you find the best-sized suitcase for your one-week trip, here are a few aspects to keep in mind.
1. Compact Size
When traveling somewhere for a week, you can get away with packing only a few outfits. You might even be able to wear your pants two or three times. You can also further cut down on bringing more clothes by simply using a washing facility to wash the few sets of clothes that you have.
By limiting the number of clothes that you have, you can choose a compact-sized suitcase. While not necessarily small, this kind of suitcase offers a lot of storage space while retaining a compact shape. It’s smaller, not too bulky, and can fit just enough clothes for your one-week visit.
The key to having a suitcase that rests somewhere between the small-and-medium size is pockets. Those pockets can house a lot of additional items that you want to bring along with you. Chargers, toiletries, even your socks can all be smooshed into those pockets.
This frees up space in the rest of the suitcase for another pair of clothes or any other larger essentials that you need to bring along with you. Since your trip is only a week-long, you won’t need to bring all of your creature comforts.
3. Hard Shell
You might want to consider using one of the polycarbonate suitcases for a week-long trip. These hard shell suitcases are sizable enough to easily fit a plethora of clothing while still retaining its compact shape. They’re also typically small enough to fit onto the plane as a carry-on.
With its hard exterior, you’ll also find that it does a great job of keeping the items within the suitcase safe. No matter what kind of jostling occurs, you can rest assured that your belongings are safely tucked inside of it.
If you want to splurge a little on your hard shell suitcase, then you might also benefit from procuring one that is scratch-resistant. This can further increase the longevity of your suitcase and keep it looking brand new for several years.
Another aspect to consider for your week-long trip suitcase is a front-loading suitcase. This is a kind of suitcase that opens along the side and allows you to immediately access all of the contents within it.
Other suitcases require you to pack them from the bottom and up. If you ever need an item on the bottom of the suitcase, then you’re going to have a tough time searching through everything on top of it to find it. Front-loading suitcases remove that issue.
This is a great choice for those who want to quickly find whatever it is that they’re searching for. Front-loading suitcases also tend to come in smaller, more compact, sizes as well. That’s an excellent choice for a week-long trip.
5. Duffel Bag
One last option to consider for a week-long trip is a duffel bag. This is a great choice for those who don’t plan on bringing a lot of items with them. If you’re only bringing two or three outfits and some toiletries, then a duffel bag may be just what you need.
Depending on its size, you can even carry the duffel bag on with you as a carry-on. Duffel bags are easy to carry around, easy to store, and still offer a decent amount of space for your things.
Best Size Suitcases for 1 Week Trip
- Multi-directional 4-wheel spinners for smooth, 360-degree movement
- Durable, lightweight hardside ABS exterior with molded corner guard reinforcements and a tear-resistant, fully lined interior
- Main compartment interior features double-sided packing, a zippered organization pocket, and garment restraint straps to hold your clothes in place
- Four molded side feet allow luggage to stand upright on its side
- Top and side easy grab handles and a retractable telescoping trolley handle for simple maneuvering
- 25" SPINNER LUGGAGE maximizes your packing power and is the ideal checked bag for longer trips
- 10 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: Samsonite products are rigorously tested to ensure our products meet stringent standards. This bag comes with a 10-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
- PACKING Dimensions: 24.25" x 17.0" x 9.5", OVERALL Dimensions: 27.5" x 17.5" x 12.4", Weight: 7.9 lbs.
- WETPAK Zippered compartment which allows you to separately pack damp or soiled items
- FOUR, MULTI-DIRECTIONAL OVERSIZED DUAL SPINNER WHEELS for effortless mobility, re-engineered lightweight
- Black, Medium 26-inch hardside spinner check-in luggage—ideal for 3- to 5-day trips
- Interior capacity: 69 Liters
- Weight: 9.37 lbs.
- Protective hard shell with scratch-resistant finish; made of extra-thick ABS (thicker than the competition) for enhanced strength and durability
- Fully lined interior with divider; 150D-polyester interior organizer with 3 zippered pockets for conveniently storing smaller items
- Fabric lining
- 21" SPINNER LUGGAGE maximizes your packing power and meets most carry-on size restrictions for those traveling domestically and looking to stay light
- PACKING Dimensions: 20.25" x 14.0" x 8.0", OVERALL Dimensions: 23.0" x 14.2" x 11.0", Weight: 7.1 lbs. Retractable handle - Provides easy maneuverability when extended out from the suitcase, and stores neatly inside when not in use
- 10 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: American Tourister products are rigorously tested to ensure our products meet stringent standards. This bag comes with a 10-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship
- Outer dimensions (including wheels): 15.7 x 9 x 23.2 Inches; Interior dimensions: 14.5 x 7.8 x 19.2 Inches
- Interior capacity: 36 Liters
- Weight: 7.19 lbs.
- Premium 23-inch carry-on softside spinner for savvy travelers; built-in TSA lock provides an added level of security
- 4 double-wheeled spinners and sturdy telescoping handle ensure comfortable rolling and easy maneuverability
- 21" Spinner luggage maximizes your packing power and meets most carry-on size restrictions for those traveling domestically and looking to stay light
- Packing dimensions: 19.5" X 14.5" X 10.0", overall dimensions: 21.25" X 15.25" X 10.0", 6.5 pounds
- 10 year limited warranty: Samsonite products are rigorously tested to ensure our products meet stringent standards. This bag comes with a 10-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
- Recessed TSA combination lock provides security when checked belongings, cases expand for added packing capacity
- Ultra-light, ultra strong shells withstand the rigors of modern travel
- 21 inches Spinner luggage maximizes your packing power and meets most carry on size restrictions for those traveling domestically and looking to stay light
- Packing dimensions: 20" x 14" x 9", Overall dimensions: 22” x 15”x 9.5”, Weight: 8.2 pounds
- 10 Year limited warranty: American Tourister products are rigorously tested to ensure our products meet stringent standards; This bag comes with a 10 year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship
- Book opening case with mesh divider and Cross straps in main compartment with a zipped modesty pocket
- Four, multi directional oversized spinner wheels for effortless mobility, re engineered lightweight;Volume : 44 Litres
- RUGGED AND DURABLE ABS Shell
- MULTI STAGE ergonomic trolley handle
- BOOK OPENING CASE with mesh divider and cross straps in main compartment with a zipped modesty pocket
- SINGLE SPINNER WHEELS for a smooth ride and straight roll every time
- EXPANSION for additional packing capacity
- Made of superior and durable 1200D 2-tone polyester with PVC backing
- Expandable (25-percent more packing capacity)
- Push-button locking internal retractable handle system and add-a-bag strap and clasp for toting additional bag easily
- Elegantly fully imprinted interior lining with elastic tie-down straps and large interior zippered mesh lid pocket and dual shoe pockets
- Product Dimensions: 25” H x 15” W x 9” D (expands to 11 in. D)
- Outer dimensions (including wheels): 14.3 x 10.2 x 21.6 Inches; Interior dimensions: 13.7 x 9.84 x 18.50 Inches
- Interior capacity: 41 Liters
- Weight: 6.83 lbs.
- Rolling luggage case with durable scratch-resistant exterior
- Great for air travel, road trips, or business