How often do you think airlines lose luggage? Would a luggage tag help?
It’s estimated that in 2019 alone, airlines will lose or mishandle upwards of 1.7 million pieces of luggage. It’s staggering to imagine.
Let me share my story.
A few years ago, on a flight from Berlin to Kyiv, my luggage was lost. I spent almost 2 hours waiting for assistance, only to eventually talk to a customer service agent who spoke poor English. After filling out a report and providing a telephone number (which I was lucky worked overseas), I left the airport unsure if I’d ever see my suitcase again.
And when it did arrive, I wasn’t even sure it was mine!
It may seem crazy, but I was only able to describe my suitcase as black with thankfully a broken front zipper. I couldn’t even recall the brand!
The question I asked myself then was, could this have been avoided?
Thinking back … my suitcase didn’t fit in the overhead bin, so I couldn’t take it on the plane. And without other options, I had no choice but to check it at the ticket counter.
But I could have made the debacle a little less worrisome if I had labeled the bag with my name and telephone number.
In this article, we’re going to review three luggage tags that’ll help you avoid the worrisome ordeal described above.
International Airports and Fragile Luggage Tags
We trust airlines to return to us our personal belongings — a suitcase, a box, or whatever else we’ve given them. It’s a part of the contract we sign up for when we fly.
But sadly airlines don’t always live up to their part of the deal.
It’s why I suggest you attach a high-quality luggage tag to every piece of luggage you travel with.
Luggage tags ensure that if your suitcase is lost, someone will know who it belongs to. It’ll make things a lot easier for airline personnel to return it to you. You can try your luck with the cheap, flimsy ones offered at the counter during check-in, or you can invest in something a little more durable — something that’ll even provide some uniqueness to your black suitcase that just happens to look like everyone else’s.
Different Types of Luggage Tags
Elegant, for both men and women. It’s also durable, fashionable, and made from high-quality genuine leather.
In addition, this one has a steel buckle, which adds a nice touch. You can even extend the length of the strap in case you’re carrying a large bag.
- Premium material: Made by polyurethane leather, soft and durable.
- Reinforced and extended genuine leather strap: The buckle is made of 304 stainless steel and extremely durable. The length of the strap has been extended to make it easier to attach the tags to big items.
- Two side printing information card: A smart card for writing personal information of luggage owner. You can put two different addresses on front side and the back side.
- Privacy flap to protect your personal information: You can open the flap slightly to look into and make sure this is your stuff, while most of the time your privacy remains safe and sound from other travelers.
- Strong and sturdy design: This luggage tag has undergone dozens of long distance trip by land and by air to make sure it can survive any demanding traveling environment.
A luggage tag made out of steel, which is immensely durable.
You can even personalize and engrave your details on it as well, which makes it more secure while traveling.
- THICKEST STAINLESS STEEL WITH UNIQUE REINFORCED EDGE - You’ve found the original creators of the best metal luggage tags set of 2. Talonport originals are indestructible and guaranteed to be the last suitcase tags you’ll ever need to buy. Don’t...
- FREE SMART WEB ENABLED LOST AND FOUND SERVICE - Each Talonport luggage tag has a unique serial number that you register to yourself first. When your baggage is found, you’ll get an alert and the finder gets a reward for the safe return at no cost to...
- INSTANTLY SPOT YOUR BAG WITH YOUR PRIVACY IN MIND Stand out from the crowd and never worry about losing your bags. These executive luggage identifiers hide your personal details until needed. Perfect as luggage tags for suitcases, a backpack tag, suitcase...
- NINE COLORFUL INSERTS INCLUDED Personalized luggage tags made easy. Each ID tag comes with 9 custom inserts including bright neon fluorescence in pink, green, blue, orange. You also get sophisticated red, white, teal and burgundy colors. Plus, even a glow...
- LIFETIME NEVER LOST OR DAMAGED GUARANTEE Our famous no-nonsense guarantee. If you lose or damage your ID tags, we replace them for free. Our luggage tag set also makes the perfect gift with an included high class gift box. These are perfect luggage tags...
If you want something a bit simpler and less flashy, rubber is the way to go.
This is a very basic pair of tags, which may be exactly what you’re looking for. It’s bendable too so you don’t need to worry about it breaking.
- The Original Steel Loop Initial Privacy Tag – Often imitated but never duplicated! First introduced in 2015, our proven steel loop design has been clinging onto luggage all over the world, while protecting traveler’s privacy. It was made with the...
- Bold Personalization & Easy Identification – Identify your bag with ease with our large 4 x 2.5 in luggage tag. Add a personal touch with a color of your choice. The beautiful contrast of the colors will make your tag that much easier to pick out from a...
- Fully Bendable Rubber – Made form special PVC rubber and travel tested. These luggage tags can literally bend from top to bottom and pop back into its original form. Our material is ideal to stand the wear and tear of rigorous traveling.
- Protect Your Personal Information – Weather it’s your name, phone or e-mail rest assure your information is safely secured behind a privacy flap that is still accessible to TSA and airport employees. Our tags keep prying eyes off your private...
- 2 Privacy Tags Included (4.5 x 2.5 in.) – For over 8 years we have been trusted by thousands of customers worldwide to help with their luggage tag needs. We have always lead with the philosophy of making travel products to maximize your adventures. Join...
Be Safe While Traveling
Using a luggage tag with your name and telephone number will provide you with peace-of-mind and save you valuable time in the event your luggage is lost.
Guards at security checkpoints can quickly determine who owns the suitcase upon inspection and airline personnel can use the information to more easily reroute lost luggage saving you time. For such a minimal investment, there’s really no reason not to have one.