The best luggage locks provide a healthy balance between security and easy access. Luggage theft is a serious problem—especially for folks who value their belongings! If you want peace-of-mind while traveling, I’d suggest you invest in a TSA-approved luggage lock. They’re inexpensive, easy-to-use, and most importantly, they’ll keep your belongings safe.
If you’re in a hurry and want to know our pick for the best TSA-approved luggage lock, we’ve selected the Tarriss TSA Lock Alert as it’s durable, inexpensive, and easy-to use.
The Tarriss TSA Lock Alert contains a sturdy cable cord that easily bends through zippers. And the large dials make entering your three-digit lock combination easy. My favorite feature though is the search indicator light that informs you if the TSA has opened your bag.
Don’t Be the Low Hanging Fruit
Imagine you’re going on a dream trip abroad. You’ve meticulously planned out each day. You’ve brought your camera, your laptop computer, your iPad — everything you need to make the trip memorable and entertaining.
But when you arrive at the hotel, you discover that some of your important items are missing. Obviously, someone stole them, but whom? And when did it happen? If you’re in a foreign country where scams are prevalent, you’re out of luck—especially if don’t speak the language.
You never want to be the low hanging fruit when it comes to crime. And something as simple as an inexpensive luggage lock can secure your belongings and save you a lot of money and hassle!
Why You Need a Luggage Lock for International Travel
No airport in the world is safe from crime. But just because you’re worried about your luggage, doesn’t mean you can just put any lock on your suitcase.
If you’re flying in the United States you’ll need to buy one that’s TSA-approved. For security reasons and passenger safety, TSA agents are permitted to check your luggage for dangerous substances. If you don’t have a lock that’s approved by them, which provides easy access, they’ll be forced to cut it to check your belongings. This could damage the lining of your luggage and slow down the security process.
This is why you need to use TSA-approved locks.
Below we’ve outlined the best luggage locks on Amazon that are TSA-approved. They’ll help you secure your luggage and bring you some peace-of-mind in the process.
Best Luggage Locks
- TSA approved luggage lock enables screeners with the ability to inspect and relock luggage without damaging lock.Note: Measure your door's backset, cross bore and thickness to ensure you find the right fit
- Set your own three-digit combination luggage lock; TSA lock is best used as a luggage lock or backpack lock
- Travel lock is constructed with a metal body for durability and a vinyl covered cable for resistance to abuse from baggage handling equipment
- 1-3/16 inch (30 millimeter) wide lock body; 1/8 inch (3 millimeter) diameter shackle with 1-1/2 inch (38 millimeter) length, 5/8 inch (16 millimeter) width
- Available in black, blue, red, and silver (color randomly selected at time of shipment). 3 dial combination security for keyless convenience
- THE MOST DURABLE LOCK ON THE MARKET. SureLock uses an ultra tough alloy body to protect our locks from the harshest of baggage handling. Our hardened stainless steel internal lock mechanisms won't rust or freeze up even after years of use. Put our locks to the test. We back them with a complete money back guarantee.
- PEACE OF MIND WITH AN INSPECTION INDICATOR. Know if your luggage has been inspected as soon as you pick it up at the airport with our pop-up inspection indicator. If the TSA has opened your luggage, a button will pop out of the top of the cable lock. You'll know to double check your luggage to make sure nothing has gone missing while you're still at the airport instead of at your hotel or final destination.
- FOOLPROOF COMBINATION SETTING MECHANISM. Easily set your own combination with a simple flick of a switch. With the factory default combination of 001 entered, use a pen to flick the switch to the right. Enter your new combination and flick the switch back to the left. Setting your combination is that easy.
- A SECURE LOCK WHICH WORKS WITH NEARLY ANY KIND OF LUGGAGE. Cable locks can secure luggage which steel shackle locks can not. Pellican cases, gun cases, equipment cases, etc. can all be locked easily and safely with our flexible cable. At an ideal lenght of 4 inches from end to end and a closed lenght of 1.6 inches, SureLock's cable is the ideal size for your travel security needs.
- EASY TO READ DIALS. SureLock uses a white numeral on a black background for our combination dials. These high contrast dials make reading your combination a breeze. No more squinting or searching for glasses as you try to open your locks.
- MOST DURABLE TSA RECOGNIZED AND ACCEPTED LOCK. Forge locks are designed from the ground up to be the toughest luggage locks around. Our special alloy lock bodies, tightly braided and sheathed steel cables, hardened steel cable lock ends as well as patented internal mechanisms can take such a pounding that we back our product up with an unconditional lifetime guarantee. If you can find a way to break these locks, we’ll gladly refund or replace them.
- EASY TO SET 3 DIGIT COMBINATION. Our combination locks have an easy to use lever mechanism to set the combination. Simply set the locks to the factory default combination of 0-0-0, flip the lever with a pen and enter your personal combination. The combination can also be changed as many times as you like. Never worry about accidently changing your lock to the wrong combination or your combination being changed during rough handling.
- SECURITY WITH THE FLEXIBILITY OF A CABLE LOCK. Cable locks can handle situations that normal lock shackles simply can’t. Our lock’s cable is thin enough to thread through all standard sized zippers and hard case lock holes but strong enough to protect your belongings. At a length of 4 in from end to end and an internal looped length of 1.5 in when locked, our cable offers the flexibility to secure nearly any suitcase, hard case, gun case, etc. on the market.
- ALWAYS RELOCKED, ALWAYS PROTECTED. Most TSA locks on the market do not need to be re-locked by a TSA agent after their inspection is completed. With our TSA luggage lock, the agent has to re-lock your suitcase to remove their key. With Forge you never worry about your suitcase locks being left open again.
- MANY USES WITH LOTS OF VARIETY. Forge travel locks can be used on a wide variety of items besides suitcases or luggage. These locks can be used on a briefcase, gym locker, purse, backpack or laptop bag.
- [TRAVEL SENTRY APPROVED AND TRANSPORTATION SECURITY ADMINISTRATION APPROVED LOCK WITH ALERT INDICATOR]: Allows your luggage to be inspected by special authorities without damage to your lock or bag. Alert indicator lets you know that your bag has been opened and inspected.
- [DURABLE MATERIAL]: The Travel Sentry approved and Transportation Security Administration approved lock is constructed with zinc alloy and able to withstand the rigors of baggage handling
- [3-DIAL COMBINATION]: The Travel Sentry approved and Transportation Security Administration approved lock can be set to hundreds of possible combinations make it harder to crack
- [MULTIPLE USAGE]: The Travel Sentry approved and Transportation Security Administration approved lock can be used for travel or various lockers such as hostels, gym, water parks, etc.
- [LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY]: Satisfaction guaranteed with a limited lifetime warranty. Please refer to Fosmon's website for more information.
- Padlock is best used for travel on backpacks, bags, briefcases, and luggage
- TSA approved luggage lock allows Transportation Security Administration screeners to inspect and relock baggage without damaging lock
- Convenient key lock set is ideal for those with multi-luggage travel; same key opens all four locks
- Padlock is constructed from a solid metal body for durability and steel shackle for cut resistance
- 7/8 in. wide lock body; 3/32 in. diameter shackle with 7/16 in. length, 9/16 in. width; Includes four locks, two keys
- TSA APPROVED LOCK: Travel Sentry approved locks allows TSA screeners to inspect and re-lock your baggage without damaging the lock; you can travel internationally to 29 countries and regions through 600 airports without worrying the security of your valuables anymore.
- EASY SETTING KEYLESS DIAL: 2 steps setting is extremely easy, unlock first, press the bottom button and set new combination; never worry about losing the key after you have this keyless lock; the premium alloy dial resists to scratch and gives the lock a sense of luxury.
- UNBREAKABLE LOCK FOR SECURITY: this lock has super resistance to rust and corrosion thanks to the plastic cover and vinyl sheath outside the zinc alloy lock body and cable; the tightly braided and hardened 3mm diameter steel cable afford up to 220 lbs and hardly broke.
- UNIQUE flexible cable: the flexible cable resists abuse from baggage handling equipment and protects the zippers thus extend the life of your cases; the free twisted steel cable can be in any shapes handling more situations as per your requirement.
- VERSATILE LOCK FOR ALL SITUATIONS: GIVERARE TSA cable padlock is perfect for locking suitcase, hard case, gun case, briefcase, locker, purse, backpack, laptop bag and anything lockable, it locks your precious safely without any keys.
- Durable brass construction to withstand the rigors of baggage handling
- Each lock ships with 2 keys (4 per set)
- Accepted and Recognized by the TSA
- MULTIPLE USES: Our small locks can be used on a variety of items. They can be used on a suitcase, gym locker, backpack, briefcase or pelican case and are 100% TSA approved.
- 3-DIAL COMBINATION: Easy to master three digit combination can be set to any combination of your choosing for extra security and no key needed!
- TSA APPROVED AND RECOGNIZED LOCK: All the travel locks are 100% Travel Sentry certified and designed from the ground up to be the strongest and reliable luggage locks in the market.
- CAUTIONS: Please remember to take a picture or note down after you have reset your personal code.
- WHAT WE CARE: What we DO care about is that customers have happy purchasing experience and TRUST us after the first using. It is a great decision if you choosing us. If there is any problems when you use it,please let us know and we will do everything to make it right!
- For use on luggage while traveling; small lock is best used for backpacks, bags, briefcases, and luggage; not intended for outdoor use
- Set your own three-digit combination lock for luggage, tool chests, storage cases and more
- Convenient front access luggage lock set is ideal for those with multi-luggage travel; same key opens both locks; Keyed Alike: Same key opens all locks
- TSA luggage lock features a metal body for durability and shrouded steel shackle for cut resistance
- 1 in. wide lock body; 1/8 in. diameter shackle with 9/16 in. length, 7/16 in width; Available in Blue, Pink, Purple, Silver (randomly selected at time of shipment)
- [TSA APPROVED LUGGAGE LOCKS] The Fosmon TSA lock allows your luggage to be checked without damage. The TSA agent will open and relock your luggage after inspection, giving you piece of mind for the whole trip.
- [DURABLE AND FLEXIBLE] The luggage lock is made of harden zinc alloy body and steel cable that can stand rough handling. The flexible steel cable is thin enough to fit through almost any luggage lock or zip-grip.
- [VERSATILE LOCKS WITH BRIGHT COLORS] The Fosmon TSA luggage pack has four distinct color locks that can prevent the combinations mixed up, and easy to identify checked luggage. Multiple locks ideal for family traveling, backpack, suitcase, bags, lockers and more.
- [EASY TO READ AND SET DIALS] Never forget or lose keys anymore. The numbers on the dials are easy to read without reading glasses. You can easily reset the combination with a pen or tool, and have no worries about accidental reset.
- [LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY] Join millions of satisfied customers with our limited lifetime warranty, backed by our experienced and dedicated USA based customer service.