Luggage theft is a serious problem — especially for folks who value their belongings! If you want peace-of-mind while traveling, I’d suggest you invest in a TSA (the Transportation Security Administration in the U.S. — think airport security) certified luggage lock. They’re inexpensive, easy-to-use, and most importantly will keep your belongings safe.
Imagine you’re going on a dream trip abroad. And you’ve meticulously planned out each day.
You’ve brought your camera, your laptop computer, your iPad — everything you need to make the trip memorable and entertaining.
But when you arrive at your hotel, you discover that some of these important items are missing.
You never want to be the low hanging fruit when it comes to crime. And something as simple as an inexpensive luggage lock can secure your belongings and save you a lot of money.
Why You Need a Luggage Lock for International Travel
No airport in the world is safe from crime. But just because you’re worried about your luggage, doesn’t mean you can just put any lock on your suitcase.
If you’re flying in the United States you’ll need to buy one that’s TSA-certified. For security reasons/passenger safety, TSA agents are permitted to check your luggage for dangerous substances. If you don’t have a lock that’s approved by the TSA, they’ll be forced to cut it to check your belongings. This could damage the lining of your luggage and slow down the security process.
This is why you need to use approved luggage locks — so that TSA can use a master key to check your belongings.
Below we’ve outlined the best luggage locks on Amazon that are TSA certified. They’ll help you secure your luggage, bringing you some peace-of-mind in the process.
- THE MOST DURABLE LOCK ON THE MARKET. SureLock uses an ultra tough alloy body to protect our locks from the harshest of baggage handling. Our hardened stainless steel internal lock mechanisms won't rust or freeze up even after years of use. Put our locks...
- PEACE OF MIND WITH AN INSPECTION INDICATOR. Know if your luggage has been inspected as soon as you pick it up at the airport with our pop-up inspection indicator. If the TSA has opened your luggage, a button will pop out of the top of the cable lock....
- FOOLPROOF COMBINATION SETTING MECHANISM. Easily set your own combination with a simple flick of a switch. With the factory default combination of 000 entered, use a pen to flick the switch to the right. Enter your new combination and flick the switch back...
- A SECURE LOCK WHICH WORKS WITH NEARLY ANY KIND OF LUGGAGE. Cable locks can secure luggage which steel shackle locks can not. Pelican cases, gun cases, equipment cases, etc. can all be locked easily and safely with our flexible cable. At an ideal lenght of...
- EASY TO READ DIALS. SureLock uses a white numeral on a black background for our combination dials. These high contrast dials make reading your combination a breeze. No more squinting or searching for glasses as you try to open your locks.
- MOST DURABLE TSA RECOGNIZED AND ACCEPTED LOCK. Forge locks are designed from the ground up to be the toughest luggage locks around. Our special alloy lock bodies, tightly braided and sheathed steel cables, hardened steel cable lock ends as well as...
- EASY TO SET 3 DIGIT COMBINATION. Our combination locks have an easy to use lever mechanism to set the combination. Simply set the locks to the factory default combination of 0-0-0, flip the lever with a pen and enter your personal combination. The...
- SECURITY WITH THE FLEXIBILITY OF A CABLE LOCK. Cable locks can handle situations that normal lock shackles simply can’t. Our lock’s cable is thin enough to thread through all standard sized zippers and hard case lock holes but strong enough to protect...
- ALWAYS RELOCKED, ALWAYS PROTECTED. Most TSA locks on the market do not need to be re-locked by a TSA agent after their inspection is completed. With our TSA luggage lock, the agent has to re-lock your suitcase to remove their key. With Forge you never...
- MANY USES WITH LOTS OF VARIETY. Forge travel locks can be used on a wide variety of items besides suitcases or luggage. These locks can be used on a briefcase, gym locker, purse, backpack or laptop bag.
- Protect your luggage with top quality 4-digit combination TSA-approved padlocks.
- 4-digit locks offer 10,000 combinations and take 10 times longer to crack than 3-digit locks.
- TSA Approved Locks allows TSA screeners to inspect your luggage without damaging the locks.
- Numbers are easy to maneuver, reset and set to your own preferred passcode.
- Package includes: 2 High Quality TSA Locks (no plastics) and comes with a 1 Year Warranty.
- MOST DURABLE TSA RECOGNIZED AND ACCEPTED LOCK. Forge locks are designed from the ground up to be toughest luggage locks around. Our special alloy lock bodies, hardened steel shackles and patented internal mechanisms can take such a pounding that we back...
- KNOW IF YOU’VE BEEN INSPECTED. Know if an agent has opened your TSA approved lock immediately with OPEN ALERT INDICATOR. If an agent unlocks your suitcase, a RED INDICATOR will POP-UP on your lock under the steel shackle. You’ll know that your...
- ALWAYS RELOCKED, ALWAYS PROTECTED. Most TSA locks on the market do not need to be re-locked by a TSA agent after their inspection is completed. With our TSA luggage lock the agent has to re-lock your suitcase to remove their key. With Forge you never...
- NO HASSLE COMBINATION LOCKS. Set your own 3-digit combination with ease. It literally takes half a minute to enter your whatever combination you want with the detailed instructions and pictures included with the Forge TSA lock.
- MANY USES WITH LOTS OF VARIETY. Forge travel locks can be used on a wide variety of items besides suitcases or luggage. These combination locks can be used on a briefcase, gym locker, purse, backpack or laptop bag.
- SET YOUR OWN COMINATION AND CHANGE IT ANYTIME. With a simple twist and push of the shackle, you can set your combination in less than twenty seconds. Not happy with the combination you set, you can change it as many times as you want.
- THE SECURITY OF FOUR DIGITS. Our luggage locks use four digits to make it harder for thieves to crack your combination. Four digits can also be easier for you to remember as you can set the combination to your pin or the year you were born.
- DESIGNED FOR SECURITY AND EASE OF USE. An ultra-durable zinc alloy body and hardened steel shackle ensures your luggage lock will make it through rough airport handling. High contrast white on black dial numerals and combination window make reading your...
- EASE OF MIND WITH A LIFETIME WARRANTY. We have you covered with a comprehensive lifetime warranty which covers damage by the TSA and baggage handlers
- 100% TSA APPROVED. Travel worry free knowing that the TSA won't cut your locks when they inspect your luggage.
- 1 BLACK LUGGAGE LOCK: You will be receiving a pack of 1 black TSA-approved luggage lock.
- MOST DURABLE TSA COMPATIBLE AND RECOGNIZED LOCK: All TravelMore retractable travel locks are 100% travel sentry certified and designed from the ground up to be the strongest and reliable luggage locks in the market. TSA screeners are issued codes and...
- MULTIPLE USES: Our small and weatherproof wire locks can be used on a variety of items. They can be used when traveling on your suitcase or backpack, a gym locker, duffle, golf or carry on bag, briefcase or pelican case and are 100% TSA compliant.
- 3 DIAL COMBINATION & FLEXIBLE STEEL CABLE: Our easy to master and resettable 3 digit combination can be set to any combo of your choosing for extra security. The flexible metal cable helps with easy threading through all types of luggage zippers.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: Each digital backpacking number lock comes with a 100%, no questions asked replacement money back guarantee. Instructions and a instructional video come with every luggage padlock purchase.
- TSA Accepted - Can be unlocked and relocked by TSA agents without having to break the lock open.
- No Key to Lose - The keyless combination lock is easy to set and use.
- Resettable to 1,000 Possibilities - Set a combination that you won’t forget from 1.000 possible combinations.
- Prevent the Grab-and-go Theft - Keep your personal possessions, like tablets, phones or valuables, safe and secure in many situations.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Backed by BV 30 days Money Back Guarantee with 3 years free replacement warranty.
- Durable brass construction to withstand the rigors of baggage handling
- Each lock ships with 2 keys (4 per set)
- Accepted and Recognized by the TSA
- For use on luggage while traveling; small lock is best used for backpacks, bags, briefcases, and luggage; not intended for outdoor use
- Luggage lock is TSA accepted so screeners can inspect and relock baggage without damaging lock
- Convenient front access luggage lock set is ideal for those with multi-luggage travel; same key opens both locks; Keyed Alike: Same key opens all locks
- TSA luggage lock features a metal body for durability and shrouded steel shackle for cut resistance
- 1 in. wide lock body; 1/8 in. diameter shackle with 9/16 in. length, 7/16 in width; Available in Blue, Pink, Purple, Silver (randomly selected at time of shipment)
- TSA accepted luggage lock enables screeners with the ability to inspect and relock luggage without damaging lock
- Set your own three-digit combination luggage lock
- TSA lock is best used as a luggage lock or backpack lock
- Travel lock is constructed with a metal body for durability and a vinyl covered cable for resistance to abuse from baggage handling equipment
- 1-3/16 in. (30 mm) wide lock body; 1/8 in. (3 mm) diameter shackle with 1-1/2 in. (38 mm) length, 5/8 in. (16 mm) width