For travelers, one of the worst parts of traveling by plane is the security line. Not only do you have to be touched by strangers, but your luggage also has to be rummaged through. To make your life easier, when traveling with a duffel bag, here are some of the best features that you should expect from the best duffel bag for checked luggage.
1. Easy Zipper Open
One of the aspects of a duffel bag that most people struggle with is the zipper. No matter how much they hope, it always seems as though the zipper snags on the cloth beneath it. This can create an embarrassing delay while you try to open the bag to show security the bag’s contents.
To solve this problem, you need a high-quality zipper. The material of the bag can also help make it less prone to collapsing inwards and snagging on the zipper. A stiffer material can help with this.
You may be surprised to know that there are actually duffel bags that come with wheels. Attached to the bag, there’s also a handle that’s attached to the top of the bag. This allows you to easily pull your duffel bag through the airport.
For those who tend to travel often or need to carry their bag a long distance, the wheels can be a great benefit. It’s far easier to roll something heavy than to lift it. The best duffel bag for checked luggage should contain wheels.
You can quickly roll it up to security, show them the contents within it, and then quickly roll out of there.
Because the duffel bag is going to be headed with other pieces of luggage beneath the plane, it’s a good idea to ensure its material is durable. One of the key features that it needs to include is a stain-resistant or waterproof exterior.
The luggage container in a plane can sometimes be hostiles towards bags made of cheaper or poor materials. Yet a bag that has a resistant and durable exterior will stand up to the different pressures and any leaks that reside within the luggage carrier.
When it comes time to pick up your bag, you’ll find it in as good condition as when you left it.
4. Minimal Pouches
Sometimes, you can find a duffel bag that offers numerous pouches and pockets. These should be avoided if you’re checking the duffel bag. Security has to check every single pouch and pocket in a bag, even if they’re empty. For a duffel bag that numerous pouches, this can take a few minutes.
To make the stop at security quick and painless, you should invest in a duffel bag that has as few pockets and pouches as possible. The security will simply need to inspect the contents of the main portion of the bag, and then they can send you on your way.
For those who don’t want wheels on their duffel bag, then you could instead look for a duffel bag that has a strap. Wheels can sometimes add weight to a bag. A strap, however, is typically made of nylon or the same material that the bag is made of. So, it’s lightweight.
Having a shoulder strap on your duffel bag may also be quicker to pick up and set down for security. You simply hold it on your shoulder and then slip off the strap in front of the security team, so they can peruse its contents.
With straps, you’ll also want high-quality rings to which the strap attaches to minimize it breaking.
Best Duffel Bags For Checked Luggage
- 420 Denier nylon, 6,400 cubic inches capacity
- extremely lightweight and each duffel only weights only 1 pound when empty
- Works great for travel or storage and its uses are endless. No rfid protection
- Collapsible for easy storage when not in use and holds as much as a trunk
- External grab handles for easy handling
- locking pull handle
- End pockets for shoes and wet items
- Corner protectors guard against wear and tear at critical contact points
- Large u shaped main opening
- Heavy duty 600 denier Polyester
- U-top zippered opening provides easy access to main compartment
- Two front zipper secured compartments
- Two side zipper secured compartments
- Adjustable ergonomic removable shoulder strap
- pockets: 2 zip
- Large rectangular-shaped duffel bag with roomy interior (over 6,000+ cubic inches); ideal for travel or storage
- Made of 100-percent nylon; lightweight, yet durable; 50-pound weight capacity.
- Zippered interior pocket and exterior pocket for quick access to smaller items like keys or tickets
- Durable zipper closure; top loop handles for easily lifting and carrying; collapsible for simple storing
- Measures 32.5 by 17 by 11.5 inches (LxWxH); hand wash only
- Five exterior pockets
- Heavy-duty plastic stand
- MATERIAL: REDCAMP durable roller duffel bag is made of high density waterproof 1680D PVC Oxford and 210D Polyester, wear resistant and tear resistant. Tough webbing and strategic seam reinforcement in high stress areas with versatile carry options give this bag a high strength to weight ratio
- TREADED WHEELS: This wheeled duffle bag has sturdy heavy-duty treaded rubber wheels in a protective wheel housing for smooth mobility and maximum durability. Easily maneuvers through airports and hotels, as well as over unpaved, bumpy or muddy surfaces
- LARGE CAPACITY & LIGHTWEIGHT & PORTABLE: Up to 85L with dimensions of 25.6 x 14 x 14 inches / 65 x 36 x 36cm (L x W x H). This foldable duffle bag can be folded into a compact carry pouch of 7.9 x 15.7 inches / 20 x 40 cm (W x H). Weight is only 3lbs/1.34kg
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL: Used as travel bag, shopping bag, luggage, gym bag, sports bag, hiking and camping bag, beach bag, season laundry bag, storage bag. You can use it for many different events as it could expands to a good size
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: REDCAMP offers a 365-day full manufacturer warranty. If any piece breaks, contact us and we replace the bag or provide a full refund
- Strap Drop: 828432340873 inches; Pockets: 1 slip
- Constructed Of Supreme "Protecflon" Polyester With 1200 D. Polyester
- Recessed in-line skate metal ball bearing wheel system and hide-away retractable handle
- Self-repairing excel zippers, Weighs 7.1 pounds
- 8 convenient pockets for maximum packing versatility. U-shape top opening for easy access to spacious main compartment pocket.
- Size: 15.5x14x33 inches
- BUILT TO LAST - Constructed with strong dobby nylon, this bag also features plastic knobs underneath to protect the fabric from deteriorating. Baggage handlers at the airport don't stand a chance.
- CARRY IT OR WHEEL IT - The tuck away push button aluminum trolley handle gives you the option to roll the bag or carry it however you like.
- STAY ORGANIZED - An exterior shoe pocket and bonus small exterior pocket secure your belongings. The bungee cord on top is perfect for a jacket or lightweight items.
- EXTREMELY SPACIOUS - At 35 inches in length and 17 inches in depth, you will definitely be able to fit plenty for your extended trips. Just make sure you don't pack too much to avoid extra baggage weight charges.