As an IT professional, you likely have to carry a lot of equipment each day. Some of that equipment can be sensitive to the sun and rain. The best backpack for an IT professional has the following features.
1. Snug Storage
Electronics are sensitive. Even a simple bit of jostling can break one if jostled in the wrong way. Because of that, you’ll want a backpack that has a snug interior. Some backpacks even come with straps or a slip inside of the main storage space. Those can come in handy for restraining your electronics.
An excellent backpack for an IT professional should also have smaller pockets that allow you to safely store smaller items that might rummage around in a larger pocket when you’re walking.
By keeping those items secured in the slip or with the straps, you can safely store those items and walk around with them without worrying that they’re hitting each other while you move. You can arrive at work with functioning and unblemished equipment.
2. Lots of Pockets
Speaking of storage, the best backpack for IT professionals should also have numerous pockets. They don’t need to be large pockets either. In fact, smaller pockets can help house wires, mouses, and other smaller equipment securely.
These pockets can help you stay organized. When it comes time to pull everything out for work, you’ll be able to reach for the pocket that you need immediately. No longer will you waste time searching through the backpack to find the item that you need.
3. Hard Shell
Another key feature to have in a backpack for an IT professional is a hard or durable shell. Despite your best intentions, your backpack is going to go through some abuse.
Placing it in your car, having it hit against your back when you walk, squeezing it between other people on a bus, and other ways are all instances where your backpack can become damaged. A standard cloth backpack won’t provide much protection to the items within it.
Backpacks that have a hard shell or at least a shell made of a harder material than standard cloth, however, can provide better protection. With the items safely secured inside, all you need to worry about is dropping the backpack on the street and having someone run over it.
Otherwise, the durable shell should be enough to keep your electronics safe from mundane traveling problems like being smooshed against the wall of a bus or having the bag tossed into the car.
To also keep your equipment safe, you need to have a waterproof backpack. Even if you’re only exposed to the water for a short time, all it takes is one stray water drop to hit the wrong place. The next thing you know, your treasured piece of electronics is fried.
A waterproof backpack will withstand the water that’s being poured on it. Your electronics inside are kept dry and safe.
If you have to do any kind of walking outside at all, then you can benefit from having a waterproof backpack.
5. Body Straps
As an IT professional, you carry a lot of expensive equipment with you. The last thing you need is for someone to steal your backpack. That’s why one of the best backpacks that you can own is one that allows you to strap the backpack to your person.
The secure straps can ensure that if anyone attempts to steal the backpack, then they’re taking you with them. The backpack should have a strap that goes around your middle, at the very least.
Best Backpacks for IT Professionals
- The Nike Just Do It Backpack (Mini) features a main compartment and padded shoulder straps for ample storage and comfortable carrying. A transparent construction lets you keep your essentials visible and organized.
- Main compartment with zip closure for storage.
- Removable keychain zipper pull makes it easy to grab what you need and go.
- Top haul loop provides an alternative carrying option
- 13" H x 10" W x 5" D. 100% polyurethane
- 17.5"x12.5"x5" 100% polyester Ripstop backpack featuring one large main compartment with a roll-top entry, an interior laptop sleeve, side water bottle pockets, and ergonomic shoulder straps. It also has a luggage sleeve and a logo patch.
- Multiple storage compartments, comfortable carrying handles and a wipe-clean changing pad make on-the-go adventures with baby simple and stylish.
- Diaper bag includes wipeable on-the-go changing pad and wipes case
- Features adjustable padded straps and stroller loops
- Made with wipe clean polyester and faux leather trim
- Diaper Bag is 15.5l x 9w x 15h and 1.25lbs
- sport type: Exercise And Fitness
- Nike Brasilia "just Do It" Backpack (mini), Black/Black/(Glossy White), Misc
- Easy to use
- Faux leather outer
- Wipe with damp cloth. Imported.
- Dimensions: W: 9" X H: 11.5" X D: 4.5"
- This faux leather (vegan) backpack includes debossed, embroidered, printed, interior lining, enamel zipper charm and metal plaque details.
- Interior lining features "You'll Float Too" allover print
- 2 bat storage capacity, with huge storage capacity for helmet, gloves, balls, cleats, and all your equipment needs.
- Padded shoulder strapsand back panel for added comfort.
- External mesh cleat compartment to keep your other equipment clean.
- "J" fence hook to hang the bag on the fence.
- Dimensions - 22"H x 14"W x 8"L
- Dimensions: 13" H x 10'' W x 5'' D.
- Main compartment with zip closure for spacious storage. Mesh side pockets.
- Padded back and adjustable shoulder straps for comfortable carrying.
- Front pocket gives you easy access to small items.
- Top haul loop provides an alternative carrying option. 100% polyester.
- 600d Plain Weave Oxford Fabric (Polyester)
- The Backpack Is Of Good Quality And Has Side Pockets. It Is Suitable For School, Outing And Camping.
- Size: High 16.5 Inch, Width 12.5 Inch, Depth 5.5 Inch.Suitable For Adults.
- Advantage:Top Handle Strap, Adjustable Shoulder Strap, Ergonomic Back Cushion, Front Can Freely Design The Pattern You Want.
- Shipping Time: 7-14 Business Days. Please Wait Patiently,Or You Can Use Expedited Shipping.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Emerson, Clint (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 280 Pages - 10/13/2015 (Publication Date) - Atria Books (Publisher)