Did you know that people began hunting over 2 million years ago? And despite all the technological advances since, we still do it. It’s just instinctual.
Backcountry hunting is a wonderful way to experience nature. Typically, this type of hunting involves hiking into the deep wilderness for days on end. If this is you, you’re a serious hunter who only intends to return when you’ve caught your prey!
Hunters that hunt in the wilderness will need to bring a backpack with them. A hunting backpack is necessary for carrying all of your gear and supplies outdoors, especially if you are looking for a game far from civilization.
Being outdoors for so long requires advanced preparation that’ll require convenient transport. In this article, we’ve put together a list of the most useful ones — packs you’ll love.
Things to Take into Consideration When Choosing a Backcountry Hunting Backpack
There are many factors to consider when purchasing a backpack for hunting. Some key considerations include the weight of your load, fit and comfort on your body, material type, size, and features needed.
The right hunting backpack is a multi-functional, invaluable item that can carry extreme weights and hold all necessary hunting gear and even prey.
It’s important to consider what kind of gear you’re going out for and how much space is needed. If your hunt requires a tent, sleeping bag, stove, food, and water, then you’ll need more than just room for some clothes in your pack. Backcountry hunting backpacks are sized so that they can carry all the gear you need for your hunting trip.
You should also consider what kind of terrain or climate a backpack will be used in. A backpacking backpack with a frame is perfect for flat, dry land, but if it’s going to be used on uneven ground, then an internal-frame one would suit better and have a higher comfort level with the weight being distributed across your hips. Backcountry hunting backpacks are designed to be comfortable and efficient, as well as durable enough for extended trips, so you don’t have to worry about it falling apart on your last day of hunting.
Before choosing one you’ll need to decide on how much time you’d like to spend hunting. For one-day hunting, it’s better to choose a smaller pack — a good carrying capacity is about 2500 cubic inches. It allows you to store enough tools for a single day.
If you’re going to hunt overnight or even longer, you’ll need a multi-day pack — between 4000 and 6000 cubic inches of storage space. Larger packs could be heavy, so it’s also important to consider the distance that you’re planning to cover while hunting.
To make a selection easier, we’ve listed ten of the best backcountry hunting backpacks.
Best Backcountry Hunting Backpack
Backcountry hunting backpack is an important piece of equipment that many hunters don’t know about. It’s not just a backpack, it’s so much more than that! This article will outline the importance of having one in your backcountry hunting gear and give you all the information you need to find the best backcountry hunting backpack for your needs.
- 65 Liters: Ample storage for all your essential gear. 4lb 10oz empty weight, 30 x 18 x 12 inches, optimal carry weight 30-55 pounds
- Versatile Pack: The Coyote is the flagship trekking pack from the bright minds over at Kelty. Fully featured and re-designed for 2020, the Coyote features an advanced perimeter frame for supreme stability on the trail.
- Plenty of Pockets: Kelty Signature wing pockets, two front zippered pockets, and large J-zip top loading access to the main compartment. Daisy chains, water bottle pockets, and sleeping bag compartment keep everything tidy on the trail.
- Tailored Fit: A thru hiker’s dream, the Coyote features the new Fit Pro technology, providing a quick and customized torso fit for each user. Fit pro can be adjusted on the fly with ease, when shedding layers or passing off your pack.
- Amp Flow: Sweaty backs? Not here. The Amp Flow ventilated back panel will keep you cool and dry on long jaunts in the wild. Aluminum Stay in the external frame keeps your load secure and balanced, for a stable and comfortable hike.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rohrbaugh Jr, Ron (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 289 Pages - 09/01/2016 (Publication Date) - Stackpole Books (Publisher)
- 【Tear Resisten & Much More Durable】: Tactical military rucksack made of 600D oxford fabric and water resistant material.In short, you can rest assured of the utility of this backpack for many years.Do you want to go camping, climbing or other outdoor activities? One backpack is enough.
- 【Large Capacity】: The 100L large capacity camping backpack, The bottom space expansion design makes it very convenient to carry more load on your journeys.Spacious backpack packed with many pockets & features. Great for hiking, travel, camping & as carry on luggage, for both men & women It also can be easily folded into a small sandwich size for easy travel.
- 【Versatile and Practical】: Designed to be used in combination with other equipments, with this MOLLE compatible Assault Pack you can load MOLLE Bags attachments/pockets/water bottle bag/ accessory kits and any other accessories.Also perfect to use as a survival kit.
- 【Comfortable Backpacking Backpack】:The breathable mesh shoulder straps with 2 cm thick honeycomb sponge pad of the hiking pack can help relieve the stress from your shoulders. Molded foam back panel with airflow channels to keep your back cool and dry.
- 【Purchase Tips】- If there is any problem, just contact with us, we will handle with it immediately.
- 【Lightweight & Ergonomic Design】 Perfect for any hunting trip; this backpack offers a 3400 cubic inches (55 L) capacity and weighs 6.0lb (3.3 kg). The adjustable shoulder & sternum strap make fitting the backpack to your personal size a cinch. The ergonomic design along with the Soft and Thick Padding offer pressure reduction and makes long walks through the woods much easier on your body.
- 【Breathable & Comfortable】 Nothing is worse than a backpack that holds moisture and causes you to sweat. The breathable fabric on our Backpack helps keep the backpack dry and scent free.Innovative shoulder-grip design provides cushioned comfort .
- 【Multi-Use】 Specs (Dimensions) are 28” x 15” x 12”. Our bag can be used with your rifle, bow, or pistol. TideWe hunting backpack features a two-in-one carrier for your bow or rifle. The top front pocket consist of three main storage spaces to keep your gear organized and ready. It also has a small front pocket with inner compartments maximizing your storage options. Large hunting backpack with multi compartments packs everything you need for a day or 2-3 days outdoor hunting journey.
- 【Durable】 High performance fabric delivers incredible durability. Reinforced carry strap keep you focus on hunting trip. TideWe day backpack also offers super strong steel carbon frame to secure small and large loads.
- 【User-Friendly Design】 This framed hunting backpack is compatible with 2-liter hydration systems, keeping you hydrated for those long walks in the woods. This also makes it perfect for long hikes . The premium soundless fabric will assist you in remaining undetected while hunting and the waterproof rain cover is perfect for keeping all of your gear dry in case you get caught in the rain. Main pack can detach from frame, allowing you to use the backpack freely.
- NOT YOUR BASIC BACKPACK: Continues to be the top selling internal frame backpack on Amazon at a great price for all the included features
- VERSATILE QUICK TRIP PACK: Perfect backpack for men, woman and youth; best for 3-5-day backpacking trips; 4000 cubic inches (65 L) capacity; weighs 5 pounds (2.3 kg)
- COMFORT YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE: Multi-position torso adjustment fits wide range of body sizes; Durable open-cell foam lumbar pad and molded channels provide maximum airflow and balance
- TRUSTED QUALITY: Hiking backpack with hundreds of verified 5-star reviews testifying to the quality and design; sleeping bag compartment, compression straps, and exterior pockets for strategic packing
- TETON SPORTS PROMISE: Reach out to our AMAZING product support team if you have any questions or concerns; YOU CAN COUNT ON US to get you taken care of and back OUTDOORS with TETON Sports
- Magnanti, Paul (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 152 Pages - 09/03/2019 (Publication Date) - Rockridge Press (Publisher)
- Top-loader access to main compartment
- External hydration sleeve accommodates up to a 3L reservoir (sold separately)
- Adjustable shoulder harness to dial in perfect fit
- Stretch mesh pockets on both sides of pack provide convenient storage for bottles and smaller items.
- Two zippered hipbelt pockets and a top lid zippered slash pocket for easy-access storage
- Durable open-cell foam lumbar pad and molded channels provide maximum comfort and airflow
- Front and top bungee stash storage for jackets, shoes, rope, or sleeping pad
- Multi-position torso adjustment fits wide range of body sizes
- Country of Origin: China